Thursday, June 28, 2012

10 years and 5 kids later.....

I had my final non stress test for this week today and the girls looked great. The meaning behind the title of today's blog is that Marc and I celebrate our 10 year anniversary tomorrow.  I am a very lucky girl to be married to such a wonderful man.  Marc has been amazing through out this journey and I thank God everyday for such a great husband and father to our kids!!! I would say we have been extra blessed this anniversary with not only one baby, but two, plus our three other healthy, beautiful, wonderful kids in those ten years. The one funny thing about this weekend is that Marc had booked a surprise trip to a Sandals resort in Jamaica and we would have left today (Oh a cocktail on the beach sounds so good right now). We had always talked about returning to a Sandals resort (we stayed at a Sandals for our honeymooon) for our 10 year anniversary. We had been on our last month of trying for the fourth baby and we both felt that perhaps a fourth baby was not in our cards after the miscarriage and 7 more months of trying to get pregnant.  I have always been fortunate enough to get pregnant right away, so this was another reason we thought a fourth baby was not in our future.  Marc thought this trip would be a nice get away for both of us and something we both needed. However, we were proven wrong times two. God had other plans for us.  At the end of that month, I was pregnant.  Luckily, we were able to get our money back and we will spend a quiet evening at our house with dinner and a movie.  It is not quite the beach by any means, however the gift of two babies is amazing and there is always next year for a beach trip (if only we will be able to find somebody to take 5 kids for a long weekend :).

My next ultrasound is on Tuesday.  On Sunday, I will begin my 33rd week.  5 more weeks to go, but who is counting, right????????

No comments:

Post a Comment