Thursday, July 12, 2012

What the Dr. said today

I started the day today with my weekly Dr. appointment.  I saw a new Dr. in the practice today and she was amazed at how well I am doing physically with this pregnancy, especially with it being my fourth pregnancy.  She said the fact that I can see that my ankles have bones in them and are not swollen is awesome.  I have also been lucky to keep my blood pressure in the normal range, which is great too!  I guess that is what 4 months and 2  weeks of bed rest will do:).   She checked my cervix and immediately said "Oh I can feel a head, you have to have a lot of pressure down there" (yes, I do!!!).  Melis is able to imitate my "pregnancy walk" perfectly as a result of this pressure. She said that I am still 1 cm. dilated, but my cervix 70-80% effaced.  Of course this really does not mean much, but she said she would not be surprised if I went into labor on my own before 38 weeks. My personal goal is to get to at least 36 weeks.  She also indicated her recommendation is for me to deliver via C-section.  While Baby A is head down, Baby B is transverse and I would not want to deliver vaginally and then have a c-section.

After my Dr. appointment, I had a non stress test.  Baby B gave me a little bit of a scare because her heartbeat was ranging in the 190-200 range (the average range is 130-160). The nurse said this was in relation to her movement (and she was moving around) and as long as she did not stay in the range for a long period of time, it was normal. The nurse monitored me a little bit longer than the typical 20 minutes and Baby B calmed down and stayed in the normal range.  There is never a dull moment!!

Until Monday.........

No comments:

Post a Comment