Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ava and Emma are one month!!

The girls turn one month!  They were not supposed to go to the Dr. for two more weeks for their one month check up, but I noticed that Ava had a white coating on her tongue and thought it could possibly be thrush.  They wanted me to bring her and they had a cancellation, so I brought both of them in for their check up.  It was confirmed that Ava has thrush as well as a blocked tear duct in each eye.  We were given a prescription for each and hope that they clear up soon.

The rest of the check up went well!!   The girls are doing great.  Ava is now up to 6 lbs 6oz and 19 1/2 inches and Emma weighs 7 lbs 12 oz and she is 20 3/4 inches inches. I was thinking of taking them to Tyler's first football game this weekend, but the Dr. encouraged me to keep them at home. While they have each grown, the Dr. said to keep them away from big crowds of people and little kids.  He said they are still so little and it is not worth taking a chance on them getting sick.  I would have to agree.

On a seperate note, after the twins were born the hospital sent the placenta out to be tested to see if they are identical.  I have been curious about this because the girls do not look identical, but I believe the weight difference has a lot do do with that. On Thursday I spoke with a nurse at the OB's office and she said it was confirmed that the girls are identical.   Let the fun begin of parenting identical twin girls......

The girls are still only sleeping about three hours at night.  We have had them sleeping together in a pack-n-play.  When we put them in there to sleep at night we put some space between them, but they always seem to get together by the time of the next feeding.  It is really cute!  Although, they are now to the point when one wakes up and starts crying, her arms are moving around and starts hitting the other.  So, we have decided tonight we are going to seperate them when they sleep and give them some space.  I hope they do not miss each other :).

I know this is random..but I just needed to share it.  Lydia told me today that she did want to have a baby someday because she is not laying on that couch all day.  I thought this was pretty funny and very smart of her. 

I have posted two pictures that I took last night of Ava and Emma playing on their playmat. It is so fun to watch them together!!!!




 I happen to catch this picture of Emma and Ava holding hands...love it!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment